We regret to advise our pharmacy operation is closing and we are no longer accepting new website orders. We will remain available to provide customer service for any existing order. We wish to sincerely thank all our past customers for their support over many years.
Information - Zovirax Cold Sore Cream Pump
Zovirax Cold Sore Cream has been clinically proven to prevent cold sores from appearing.
Zovirax also speeds the healing process if applied after the cold sore has appeared. The cream contains the unique antiviral agent Aciclovir (Acyclovir) that prevents the cold sore from replicating.
Others uses of Zovirax (Aciclovir) Zovirax cream can also be used to treat initial episodes of genital herpes (genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease) and certain herpes simplex infections of the skin and mucous membranes. Zovirax does not cure herpes, but does reduce the pain and help the sores caused by herpes heal faster.
Zovirax Cold Sore Cream should be applied five times daily at approximately four hourly intervals omitting the night time application. It is important to start treatment as early as possible after the start of an infection, ideally during the prodromal period.
Treatment should be continued for 5 days. If healing has not occurred, treatment may be continued for up to an additional 5 days. If lesions are still present after 10 days, users should be advised to consult a doctor.
Users should wash their hands before and after applying the cream, and avoid unnecessary rubbing of the lesions or touching them with a towel, to avoid aggravating or transferring the infection.
Contains: Aciclovir (Acyclovir) 5% w/w
Zovirax Cold Sore Cream is a smooth white cream containing aciclovir 100mg, Poloxamer 407, White soft paraffin, Cetostearyl alcohol*, Liquid paraffin, Dimethicone, Sodium lauryl sulphate*, Propylene glycol, Purified water (*or emulsifying wax)
Keep zovirax out of reach of children.
Do not use Zovirax Cold Sore Cream if:
- You have had an allergic reaction before to aciclovir or to any of the ingredients in Zovirax Cold Sore Cream listed under ingredients.
- You have had an allergic reaction before to propylene glycol, an inactive ingredient contained in a number of products applied to the skin, including Zovirax Cold Sore Cream.
The packaging is torn or shows signs of interference, or the tube seal or pump dispenser looks damaged in any way. The expiry date on the packaging has passed. If you take this medicine after the expiry date has passed, it may not work as well.
Before you start using Zovirax Cold Sore Cream, tell your doctor or pharmacist if:
- You are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- You are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed.
- You are allergic to any other medicines, foods, dyes or preservatives.
- You have an underlying condition, which might have weakened your immune system, such as HIV infection, or bone marrow or organ transplant.
- If you have not told your doctor or pharmacist about any of the above, please do so before using Zovirax Cold Sore Cream.