|Product Use : For the prevention of motion sickness.|
|Classification : ||OTC Pharmacy Only Medicine|
(No Prescription Required)
|Manufacturer Name : Novartis
| 1 packet of Scopoderm Patches 1.5mg ||2 patches||USD $24.70
| 2 packets of Scopoderm Patches 1.5mg ||4 patches||USD $48.64
| 3 packets of Scopoderm Patches 1.5mg ||6 patches||USD $72.27
| 5 packets of Scopoderm Patches 1.5mg ||10 patches||USD $119.30
Information - Scopoderm Patches
Scopoderm TTS Patches are for the prevention of motion sickness. It is a small patch which is placed behind the ear and provides programmed release of the active substance through the intact skin into the bloodstream over a prolonged period of up to 3 days.
One Scopoderm TTS patch should be applied behind the ear about 5-6 hours before embarking on a journey. Apply One patch every 3 days
Each transdermal therapeutic system contains 1.5mg scopolamine and releases in vivo 1.0mg/72 hours.
Precautions: Before using Scopoderm TTS, please ask your doctor or pharmacist:
- If you are suffering from any form of gastro-intestinal obstruction.
- If you have difficulties when passing water (e.g. due to enlargment of the prostate).
- If you have (or have had) any metabolic, liver, or kidney disease.
- If you have suffered in the past or are now suffering from pain in the eyes, blurred vision, or rainbow-coloured halos around lights.
- If you have had epileptic seizures in the past or are now suffering from epilepsy. Must be kept out of the reach of children. Scopoderm must not be used by person hyper-sensitive to scopolamine or by those suffering from glaucoma (increased pressure within the eye). Should not be used in children under 10 years of age.
Adverse Effects: During use of Scopoderm TTS the following side effects may occur:
- frequently temporary dryness of the mouth.
- frequently blurring of (near) vision and enlargment of the pupils (sometimes in one eye only), especially if traces of active substances on the hands enter the eyes, occasionally irritation of the eye lids.
- Occasionally drowsiness.
- rarely difficulty in passing water.
- Occasionally localised skin irritation; in isolated cases generalised skin rash.
- in isolated cases impairment of memory or concentration, restlessness, dizziness, disorientation, confusion, and hallucinations.