Batrafen Nail Lacquer Solution
|Product Use : Batrafen Nail Lacquer treats fungal infections of the nail caused by dermatophytes, yeasts or moulds.|
|Classification : ||OTC Pharmacist Only Medicine|
(No Prescription Required)
|Manufacturer Name : Sanofi-Aventis
Please note this product is a "Pharmacist Only" medicine. Before we can supply this product
we are required to ask some standard questions, for review by our pharmacist, to ensure this is the correct product
for your health needs.
| 1 bottle of Batrafen Nail Lacquer Solution 3g ||USD $41.10||
| 2 bottles of Batrafen Nail Lacquer Solution 3g ||USD $81.02||
| 3 bottles of Batrafen Nail Lacquer Solution 3g ||USD $120.15||
| 5 bottles of Batrafen Nail Lacquer Solution 3g ||USD $198.35||
This product is currently out of stock. We apologise for the inconvenience.
Please check back at a later date.
Information - Batrafen Nail Lacquer Solution
Update 3rd Nov, 2015: This product has been discontinued, however a generic (and much less expensive) version is available: APO Ciclopirox 8% Nail Lacquer 7ml.
Batrafen Nail Lacquer has been specially developed for the treatment of fungal infections of the nails.
- Unless otherwise directed, NAIL BATRAFEN lacquer is applied to the diseased nail in a thin layer every other day for the first month. This ensures that the nail is saturated with the active ingredient.
- Application may be reduced to not less than twice weekly in the second month of treatment, and to once weekly from the third month of treatment onwards.
- Throughout the application period, the entire coating of lacquer is taken off once a week with the swab provided. If the coating of lacquer is damaged in the meantime, it is sufficient to paint over the chipped areas again with NAIL BATRAFEN lacquer.
- The duration of application depends on the severity of the infection. A period of six months' treatment should not be exceeded because of a lack of clinical experience with NAIL BATRAFEN beyond this period of time.
- One bottle contains approximately 500 applications.
- Because of the lack of clinical experience, NAIL BATRAFEN lacquer is not recommended for use in children.
Active Ingredient: Ciclopirox 8%
- Hypersensitivity to ciclopirox.
- NAIL BATRAFEN should not be used in pregnancy or lactation.
- NAIL BATRAFEN is generally well tolerated. Where NAIL BATRAFEN lacquer has come into contact with skin adjacent to the nail a light reddening or scaling of the skin has been observed in a few exceptional cases.